Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My Unconventional Career


 Being a Boilermaker is a tough job that requires grit and determination 
to pull your weight in a male dominated field. 


Yet, while the work can be grueling on even the strongest men, 
it provides you with a clear perspective on how much strength you're willing to 
exert as a woman to handle the challenges of the job.
 
Life has taught me some lessons that I can truly say have helped 
make me more resilient in preparation for being able 
to handle the rigors of working in construction.

Some people assume that as a female construct worker I must be a
tough-nose chick who spits nails and acts manly.

Yet that couldn't be farther from the truth because
I'm a real
Girly Girl
full of sugar & spice
who just happens to work in a unconventional career field. 


I didn't go into construction because I'm a feminist
or had something to prove.
 
I was simply presented with an opportunity to work in a career
that would enable me to provide a nice living for my family.  


 Being a Boilermaker isn't the type of job that most ladies
would even consider, but it works for me
 and I'm blessed to do work that I love.  
In actuality I'm the epitome of the deodorant commercial: 
"Tough like a man, yet soft like a woman!"


  Feel free to browse my blog
 
or like me on facebook


                                                                                   Blog & Website Content Created by Jacqueline Waddy-Jones, CreativeGirl Content Solutions




No comments:

Post a Comment